Mirko Bratuša was born on February 19, 1963. 1948–1989 he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts of Ljubljana, 1990–1992 at the Academy of Fine Arts of München and in 1993 at the Academy of Fine Arts of Düsseldorf. In 1993 he completed graduatio studies at the Academy of Fine Arts of Ljubljana.
In 1993 he was the initiator and organiser os sculptors’ meeting at Gornja Radgona and he became freelance artist. In 1997 he stopped being freelance artist and took a job as profesor of sculpting at Pedagogical College of Ljubljana, Slovenia. In 2002 he became head of Gallery of Pedagogical College of Ljubljana.