He was born 1951 in Ljubljana, Slovenija. Both parents are artists.
During his youth family was living in Kamnik. In 1960 they moved to Ljubljana, where he finished high school. In 1975 he graduated on the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana, department of painting, under the mentorship of prof. Janez Bernik.
In 1977 is recognized his status of freelanced artist and from that time until 1998 he permanently lived in Grožnjan (Croatia),where he was holding various public and artistic responsibilities in the frame of international artistic colony “The City of Artists“ and it’s gallery “Fonticus“. Together with his wife ceramic artist Lea Bernetič and his sons Marko and Martin, both fine arts students, he holds a permanently opened artistic studio in this Croatian Istria artistic village.
Since1998 he is living in Izola, Slovenia.
He is engaged in painting, ceramics and graphic design.